A little about me

I'm a single mom, student, and author. My kids are my world. I have 2 boys as you can tell. They grow up way to fast. I'd like to slow down time just to get more time with them even though I get a lot of time with them now. They are what make me strive to do better. They encourage and support me. I have awesome kids. When I'm not busy with them I'm a part time student going to school for my technical certificate. In 2013 I got my GED. I'd quit school my SR. year of high school in 2001. I'd missed a lot due to depression, my wisdom teeth being pulled, and one negative person asking why did I show up when I barely came anyway. Hearing that made me feel discouraged and more depressed. I was a good student and did my work. I just wasn't all there anymore. I'd lost my mom from cancer when I was 15 years old which was 2 years before my SR. year. When she died a piece of me went with her. She was my mom and best friend. I could talk to her about anything. After she was gone I didn't make life easy for my dad. We get along better now. Same goes for my sister.
When I turned eighteen I made a lot of bad decisions.
At the age of nineteen I was pregnant with my first son and scared out of my mind. I had him when I was twenty and youngest at twenty-one. I'm lucky to have a dad, sister, brother -n- law, and many to help me. I've still made some bad decisions and most of them involved men. One day I finally had enough and knew it was time for a change. I got rid of all the negative people and it makes me feel much better. I met a woman who inspired me to do better. She told me what I needed to hear. I have low self esteem but not nearly as bad as it used to be. I am my own worst enemy. Because of what she told me I worked on my GED while my kids went to school and now I'm currently enrolled in college working on my photography degree. Years ago I didn't think I could do it and was told I couldn't do it. I'm doing it though. That was one of the steps. I used to think I wouldn't ever drive very far and the same woman got me to build the confidence I needed to do it.
Doing these things have helped me feel better about myself.
I've been writing since I was twelve years old. Many of my teachers, family members, and friends told me that they liked it. I got my first poetry book published in 2009. I write to let my emotions out and it's my escape. I love writing as much as I love taking pictures.
Some of the other struggles I've dealt with over the years are people bullying me and I won't tolerate it anymore. I've had people call me names, use me, lie to me, cheat on me, tear me down, and much more.
These are some of the reasons why I've come who I've become today. I'm not perfect. Yes, I've lied before and done horrible things.
We all make mistakes and have a past. IT's what we do now that counts.
I've had people look down on me just because I needed help or assistance. Every person at some point in their life needs some sort of help whether they admit it or not.
This year my goals are to spend lots of quality time with my kids, family, and friends. Some of my other goals are to take lots of pictures,start working on my portfolio for my photography business I want to build, work on my final book in my series, pass my classes, and get more people interested in my books. So far I've passed my classes for this semester, taken a lot of pictures, started the portfolio, and spent time with kids, family, and friends.
I've had people say it's so easy to sell books and you should be rich. They don't understand that it takes time. I have this page, a website, blog, and use other social media outlets and it's still hard to reach people at times. I share my work and even do video's so people have an idea what my books are about. I'm not giving up. I'm determined for people to share my stuff, like it, comment, read, leave review, watch the videos, and much more. It's my dream and I'm not giving up on my dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention

Cursed House