Featured Author M.L. Crum

This is Author M.L Crum. Check her out. See what she likes as an author and what inspires her.

How old were you when you first started writing? For fun, in elementary school.  I would write volumes and volumes of stories.  Professionally, at the age of 42.

What made you want to become a writer?  I always had it in the back of my head.  I read books and thought about different ways I would have ended it,  added a different twist or how I would have worded something.  One period of my life I felt like I was searching for something else.  I was wondering what else there was to me other than a wife, mother and teacher.  One morning I awoke from a dream that stuck in my head and I knew that I had to get it down on paper.  When I finished the first chapter I sat back and it hit me.  I had always loved to write.  This is what I need to do.  That was my something else.

Where are you located? In southern Pennsylvania

What inspires you?  Vivid details, fresh new ways of seeing and saying things, a good twist I didn’t see coming, a beautiful  book romance that makes me wish I was their friend (or just his) and sometimes just watching the people and the dynamics that occurs between them.

What books do you like to read?  I remember loving Janet Daily as a young adult.  Later my taste turned to historical romances and then paranormal romances.  I like a good mystery, but there has to be a romance or interesting relationship somewhere within the pages.  I also have become fascinated with stories where we can get inside the head of someone who has mental challenges.

Favorite author:  My favorite author seems to change the more I read.  Right now I like Diana Gabaldon.  I really  like Gillian Flynn, but I have found that I can’t read too many of her books in a row because they are so dark and deep that I have to quickly find something happy/humorous to read. With paperback,  I tend to give them away after I’m finished reading them, but I have held onto a Pamela Clare book for quite awhile now because it is my “sensual fantasy fun read.”


Favorite music: classic rock
Favorite TV show: Outlander right now, but it would have been tied with Parenthood if NBC would have realized what a gem it still had and kept it on the air.

Favorite food:  a good steak and seafood

What time of day do you like to write?  I don’t have a preference.  I write whenever I can.

where do you like to write? In my den, but I plan out my scenes, plot development and character conversations during a nice bubble bath with notebook and pencil sitting beside my sweet tea.

How many books have you published? 1 so far.  Book 2 just got picked up by a publishing company.

Do you self publish and if not who's your publishing company?  My first book was self published.  My second book was picked up by a publishing firm out of North Carolina called Pulse.

What are the titles of your books? Irony of Time and book two is called Hope With Stickers

What was the first book you got published? Mentioned above

What are you currently working on?  I am trying to write Book Three (Maybe called Heart of Mine)


Social Media:
Facebook.com/authormlcrum
Website: mlcrum1.wix.com/author
Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/author/show/9018423.M_L_Crum
Instagram:  mlcrum1

Buy my books at:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/irony-of-time-ml-crum/1120517517?ean=2940046222395


Miriam Duvall is followed by a shadow cast over her by irony itself.  Feeling reborn and falling in love-all within a blissful amnesia-this feisty woman accidentally transcends the rules of time, regaining her memory right at the precipice of the most tragic event of her past.  Seizing the opportunity, she looks destiny square in the eye and declares this time around, she's the one in charge.  She proceeds to manipulate the events leading to that fatal accident before it  deteriorates the family she dearly loves and hurls her down a guilt-ridden path of self-destruction again.
Her opportunity for redemption knocks in the form of a handsome but mysterious physicist named Dr. Ian Stone.  Shrouded in secrets, this man's whole existence revolves around preventing the moment evil claimed his soul, robbing him of a life worth living.  He has spent centuries calculating how to harness an exorbitant amount of energy, wherein making time travel a reality.  However, one variable was never factored into his equations:  falling in love.  His obsession fuels a deep denial, deflecting his true feelings until his heart wins out at the exact moment he loses Miriam back in time.
Their contrasting worlds collide and repel during a series of climatic events spiraling around a man harboring a dark secret as he travels back in time for a second chance at love, ironically placing this exceptional woman in a position where she must choose between a past life she desperately wants to change or a future with the man she undeniably loves.
Her slap-the-face-of-destiny decisions could deliver her into heartbreaking sadness or possibly set her on a journey of forgiveness that will reset her soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention

Cursed House