Marriage and relationships

People are constantly saying don't get married or I am lucky not to be married.  How am I lucky is what I want to know. If you are in a bad relationship and stay that is on you. It is not and should not be about the license itself. Marriage should be about two people who love and care about each other. People who communicate their problems.  Every relationship is going to have its problems. You will fight and that is okay as long as you are not trying to cause emotional or physical abuse. I haven't ever had a very long term relationship nor have I ever been married, yet I have people who come to me with their relationship problems and they aren't talking out the problem with their spouses or significant others.  It isn't doing them any good if they don't communicate. People make it out that I am so lucky. If you settled that is on you not me. If you are unhappy change it. People ask why would I ever want to get married.  For me it would be to have someone who I can share my life with.  We accept each other.  Talk when things get bad. Don't leave each other over things that can be worked on or fixed. Someone who is going to be there when the storm hits and stays. Not someone who is just there when happy.  I know relationships and marriage take work. The marriage shouldn't be just based on the wedding.  Not every day is going to be the honeymoon. It should be about love and understanding.  Being there when you need them the most.  Making memories and sharing them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention

Cursed House