Bullying story

I have a younger son who was bullied in 1st grade. It was horrible. He would tell the teacher and sometimes it would get so out of hand I'd have to e-mail the teacher or call the principle. This bully tried choking my son. He told my son that he was going to kill me and him. He'd hit on him. One day I went to school party and he was trying to knit pick at my son. My son would walk off and he'd try to follow. I had to tell the boy stop. I did notice something. He was trying to bully because he wanted friends. That is not a way to get friends. One day he ends up hitting my son and my son hit him back. I do not see a problem with defending yourself. At school you get in trouble for fighting back. I told my kids only defend themselves if it is a last resort. My son and the boy got in trouble for hitting each other and the coach put them in the hallway. Not the wisest decision. He didn't separate them. They end up fighting more. I thought to myself use common sense. If they are both fighting each other don't sit them in the hall by themselves.
It was an on going problem for the longest. Now the boy is older and I think he has learned that isn't the way to be.
Nobody likes a bully. Stop bullying. Help if you see it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention

Cursed House