Cursed House

 It's a dark stormy night this Halloween night. The clouds  are ominous.  You can feel the energy from the storm. 5 friends and me are staying in an abandoned house deep in the Bayou of Louisiana.  I had picked the place. My friends and I love spooky things. This year we are hoping for a good scare because last year we went to a cemetary and it was just a bunch of teenagers messing with us. We get to the abandoned house before it starts storming.  There is a fireplace in the living room and we light a fire to stay warm and cozy. 

"Ari what is the plan?" my boyfriend asks.
"I thought we would eat and check the house out after."
My friends and I make sandwiches. We eat in the living room. While we are eating we hear kids laughing. We get up to see where it is coming from and find nothing.  It is  a big house you can get lost in because the house is made like a maze.
"This house is strange," Joe says.
"Did you know  it was made like a maze?" Julia asks.
"No. I just heard it was an old abandoned house. "
I see a shadow out of the corner of my eye and then it's gone. As we walk through the house we hear people yelling, footsteps,  and many weird things.  We try to stay together and the house somehow separates us. I feel like I am losing my mind.  We are on the third floor and we were holding hands to not get separated yet we did. I end up by myself in a study where I see a man sitting at a desk. He looks like a man to be in his late 20s. He looks at me with a puzzled look.
"Ma'am what are you doing in my home?" the man asks me.
"I was told it was abandoned. "
The man nods.
"Where are your friends?"
"We got separated.  How did you know I came with friends?"
"The house told me. If they are missing the house took them to meet their doom. The house requires sacrifice."
"Why?"
"It is my curse for me to live the house demands sacrifice."
"Sounds weird. "
"It needs sacrifice so I can take care of it and in return I live forever. "
"Are all the weird noises from people who were sacrificed?"
"Yes."
What he wasn't telling her is that he is looking for a bride to live eternity with him in the cursed house.
"What is your name?"
"Judas."
He is a tall man with green eyes and a lanky build.
"I am Ari."
He goes with me to look for my friends.  We find them next to the fire and they look very pale. I introduce them to Judas. My boyfriend Axel has me to come sit on the couch with him.  Judas wants Ari as his bride and knows he has to have the house sacrifice her boyfriend. 
"What happened to you all?"
"We all end up in different rooms. Each of us seeing people die in weird ways and being yelled to leave, " Maria tells me.
"We should leave. Judas says the house needs a sacrifice for him to live."
Her friends try to get out but the house won't let them. It separates me from my friends and I hear my friends horrible screams.  The house tortures and kills her friends off one by one.  Her boyfriend is tossed down a flight of stairs, 2 friends drown in bathtubs that they were pushed into, and 2 of them were pushed over the banister.  When the house is done sucking up the blood of its victims I see my friends dead bodies and how they had been drained of their blood. I cry uncontrollably and Judas holds me.
"You could have stopped it."
"No, I can't stop the house.  I tried a long time ago. It tried burning it made things worse," he tells me.
"Why didn't it kill me?"
"Somehow the house knows my thoughts.  It knows I want you as more than a friend. "
I try to leave and the house won't let me out. Everything I try is a failed attempt.  I am now stuck in this cursed house with Judas forever. I do get close to Judas over the years.  My boyfriend and friends are spirits in the house with the other spirits who only come out Halloween night. Every Halloween a sacrifice is made to the house to keep Judas and me alive to do the upkeep of the cursed house. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention