Selling books isn't always easy

 Trying to sell books isn't always easy as people make it out to sound. People sometimes automatically assume that because you are a published author you must be making lots of money which isn't always the case. Sometimes I have even dropped prices for e-books or done free promos and they still don't download or sell hardly. I don't have the money for advertisement so I use all social media to get it out by the word of mouth. Sometimes I will make a few sells but not many. It isn't all about the sells for me it is about people reading my books. I used hashtags and everything. Sometimes I will read my poetry or read part of my books to others. People keep asking why don't I sell many and my answer is that I don't know. I don't write just one genre. I write poetry, science fiction/fantasy, and romance. Some of the people who have read them say they are good. Some say that I have to many characters and that it's to long or this that or the other. For all I know it just isn't their cup of tea which is fine by me. I know that my writing isn't perfect but I'm not looking to make perfection. It would be nice if more would read them and buy them. Sometimes it gets discouraging and makes me want to give up but I don't give up on my dreams and goals because maybe one day the right people will want to read them. Who knows. We shall see. You would think that your friends and family would buy them and talk about them but that isn't always the case.  Some of my friends in real life and online have bought some. It would be nice if I could get it to reach more people. I am trying to figure out ways to get people to be interested in wanting to buy them. I try to get their attention by sharing some of my work or reading some of it aloud to others or doing videos of it to share to others. It isn't always easy to keep an audience on any platform these days. People try to say that I should turn it into audiobooks but I really don't want to do that. I might one day for some of them but not all of them. I'm not sure on that right now. Right now they are currently available in e-book on Kindle and paperback on Amazon. I started out with a publisher to begin with and that didn't go well because of how they priced the books in my opinion. The other publisher turned out to be a scam artist but gave me the rights back to my book so after that I decided to self publish from here on out. I'm an indie author. I believe that people should give more recognition to small time authors just as much as well known authors. I think that we deserve equal opportunity. I'm not out to do it to become rich and famous. I do it because I love writing and it's my passion. It is my escape from reality and a way for me to express myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention

Cursed House