Lost my mom 24yrs ago July 25th

 July 25th every year is a hard day for me. On that day in 1998 I lost my mom to esophageal cancer.  It was like a piece of me died with her that day for a long time.  We were very close. Her and my dad adopted me when I was a week a old. She was the best mom a person could ask for. Took me places when I wanted to go. At every school function. She listened to me. Didn't judge me.  Was a very happy person.  Taught me so much in a short period of time. To be myself.  Love with all I've got. To be forgiving. Enjoy life even the small things. Watching her get sick and die when I was only 15years old was a lot. People wanted to compare it to losing grandparents and even a dog. I had lost 2 grandparents right before losing my mom, so it was like wham bam and boom. I fell into a deep depression and spiraled out of control.  Made poor life choices. Pushed people away. People weren't fully there for me fully.  Some made my mom's death about them.  I started sleeping a lot, skipping school, and other bad behavior.  I have learnt from my mistakes and still learning. I am not perfect nor claim to be. I work on me and try my best. I know my mom is rooting me on. She was an angel in life and now death. I know she watches over me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention

Cursed House