Lost my mom 24yrs ago July 25th

 July 25th every year is a hard day for me. On that day in 1998 I lost my mom to esophageal cancer.  It was like a piece of me died with her that day for a long time.  We were very close. Her and my dad adopted me when I was a week a old. She was the best mom a person could ask for. Took me places when I wanted to go. At every school function. She listened to me. Didn't judge me.  Was a very happy person.  Taught me so much in a short period of time. To be myself.  Love with all I've got. To be forgiving. Enjoy life even the small things. Watching her get sick and die when I was only 15years old was a lot. People wanted to compare it to losing grandparents and even a dog. I had lost 2 grandparents right before losing my mom, so it was like wham bam and boom. I fell into a deep depression and spiraled out of control.  Made poor life choices. Pushed people away. People weren't fully there for me fully.  Some made my mom's death about them.  I started sleeping a lot, skipping school, and other bad behavior.  I have learnt from my mistakes and still learning. I am not perfect nor claim to be. I work on me and try my best. I know my mom is rooting me on. She was an angel in life and now death. I know she watches over me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We should celebrate the lives of those we lose

Christmas at the Ranch that won’t be Forgotten

Ways to support indie authors...