Unexpected Christmas Romance page1

 Unexpected Christmas Romance by Amy Stark

If you like the first page go download it.

https://a.co/d/cjGooFw

Page 1

                                                         Chapter1

It’s a snowy day and the snow keeps coming down. That’s how it normally is here in Colorado this time of year.  I’m in the small town of Aspen. Christmas is almost near. I’m not even ready. I have bought everything we need to my parents house. There is still a few things I lack in buying. It doesn’t ever seem like it is ever enough. Everyone in the family makes me want to pull my hair out. It is a wonder how I get through any holiday. Yes, I like holidays don’t get me wrong but they are a very stressful time of year. It always seems like I am broke. Even though everyone is happy with what they get it just feels like it isn’t enough. I know it shouldn’t be about the money or gifts. It is about spending time together and sometimes I feel like I don’t get enough time with family and friends at times. This is my first year back to town with my boys in two years since my bad divorce. After my divorce to my husband, I didn’t want to stick around town. To many bad memories. He had made sure that my life was a living hell. I felt it was best for the kids and I just to up and leave. After we split up the kids decided they wanted to stay with me. They didn’t want anything to do with their dad because of the arguing and how he didn‘t make much time for them. I tried to encourage them to see him even though I despised that man with all I had in me. Not to say that our marriage wasn’t good at first. We were together ten years and I thought I knew him but apparently I didn’t know him at all. In the beginning he was the best. He was lovey dovey and would tell me I’m beautiful. He’d even take me out. Our relationship slowly started falling apart before my eyes and I didn’t know what to do or even why. I know he’d get stressed at work and some of that he’d take out on me. Then eventually it seemed like the smallest things would make him blow up. It was horrible. I’d try to get him to talk and he wouldn’t open up to me. We both worked hectic schedules. At that time I was working from eight in the morning until three in the afternoon at the local library and he worked the same hours at a nearby computer shop. We met when he came to check out a book. He kept coming in around noon and he was a little flirty. I didn’t take the hint at first. Out of the blue one day he asked me if I would have lunch with him at a nearby café. At first I was hesitant on whether I should go with this man. I thought he was cute in his own way. His dark blue eyes are what had me along with his smile. He’s tall, lanky, and dark haired. Even though the attraction was there I didn’t want him thinking I was desperate or easy. The first couple of times he asked I told him no. He didn’t give up easily. One day one of my co-workers overheard him ask and before I could say no she told him that I would take him up on his offer. My mouth hit the floor when she told him that I would. I glared at her and she just laughed. That afternoon was when we had our first lunch date. The café we went to was packed that day. We sat in a booth near the back. We talked about our interests and work. After the lunch I wasn’t sure whether we’d hit it off or not. He tried to pay my bill but I didn’t let him. We exchanged numbers. When I got back to the library I looked at it and threw it away. I was happy in my life but wasn’t sure whether I was really ready to date at that point in my life.

I was only twenty-five and hadn’t had the best luck when it came to men. 

A week passed and he called me. He asked why I hadn’t called him. I made some excuse about being busy and he sounded disappointed. He ended up asking me on another date and I decided to take him up on his offer. This date was a bit nicer. He picked me up around six that night, brought me flowers, and took me to a nice restaurant. That night I wore a blue button up shirt and black skirt that came right to my knees along with some sandals

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention

Cursed House