Healing after having tonsils out

 I had my tonsils taken out about 3 weeks ago. Was very lucky to have a good team to work on me. They were an amazing bunch who took care of me for the short time I was there since it was outpatient surgery. When I woke up I felt so yucky. I wanted to puke so bad and when I gagged it hurt so bad which made pain go through the roof. I still have some pain. Yawning, sneezing, hiccups, coughing, and things like that are  painful. For the first two weeks all I could do was eat soft foods. My diet has mainly been pudding and cheesy mashed potatoes. I ate lots of popsicles. Had some sherbet and went through some ice cream. Didn't like applesauce much during that time or yogurt as much either. I ate lots of cheesy broccoli soup and could only eat it because it was more like a broth in a way. Towards the end ate mac -n- shells. Drank lots of Gatorade. I tried eating chicken nuggets with ketchup and this is at two week point and the ketchup doesn't feel good going down. I tried sipping on a coca cola two weeks after and it didn't taste right and it wasn't feeling great going down. I've had to sleep a lot because it is taking everything out of me. I'm slowly getting back to normal. Still have to rest a lot. Will be happy when there is no pain when swallowing or eating. I will keep you updated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We should celebrate the lives of those we lose

Christmas at the Ranch that won’t be Forgotten

Ways to support indie authors...