Healing after having tonsils out

 I had my tonsils taken out about 3 weeks ago. Was very lucky to have a good team to work on me. They were an amazing bunch who took care of me for the short time I was there since it was outpatient surgery. When I woke up I felt so yucky. I wanted to puke so bad and when I gagged it hurt so bad which made pain go through the roof. I still have some pain. Yawning, sneezing, hiccups, coughing, and things like that are  painful. For the first two weeks all I could do was eat soft foods. My diet has mainly been pudding and cheesy mashed potatoes. I ate lots of popsicles. Had some sherbet and went through some ice cream. Didn't like applesauce much during that time or yogurt as much either. I ate lots of cheesy broccoli soup and could only eat it because it was more like a broth in a way. Towards the end ate mac -n- shells. Drank lots of Gatorade. I tried eating chicken nuggets with ketchup and this is at two week point and the ketchup doesn't feel good going down. I tried sipping on a coca cola two weeks after and it didn't taste right and it wasn't feeling great going down. I've had to sleep a lot because it is taking everything out of me. I'm slowly getting back to normal. Still have to rest a lot. Will be happy when there is no pain when swallowing or eating. I will keep you updated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention

Cursed House