Haunted Asylum

 It is Halloween and it is cold gloomy day. My friend Christian is driving me and a few friends to a supposed abandoned asylum. We like to talk to spirits and investigate. That is our thing other than when we jam in our band. It is storming on our way there. We had packed plenty of supplies before leaving out because we are staying the night in this abandoned asylum. The asylum is off some old dirt road in the middle of nowhere in Arkansas. I help Christian unpack the car with our other 3 friends.

The doors to the asylum are unlocked and we take our stuff inside. There is no electricity so we have to depend on candles and flashlights. We try to figure out where we are going to camp out for the night and decide it's best to stay in the hallway rather than any of the rooms. The asylum was used for mental patients in the early 20s and 30s. There is no telling what went on in this place. We put our ice chest blankets and bags down before we start poking around.
"Do you think anyone else will show up here?" Amelia asks me.
"I doubt it. It is Halloween so who knows. "
"What made you pick this place Tyler?"
"Nora suggested it."
"You only chose it because you like her," Christian says.
"Shut up. "
"I thought it would be cool," Nora says.
We start walking down the hall and see a shadow enter a room so we follow after it. Nothing is in the room when we go in this room that looks like an old bedroom. There are old beds scattered around the room along with what looks like old toys. There is a ball that rolls by itself out of a closet followed by kid laughter. None of us move because we are froze in place. Christian is the first one running out of the room. Christian is tall and lanky with dark hair and is 18 years old. We are all 18. This is our last Halloween as SRs in High School and we want to make the most of it. The closet opens and closes by itself and you hear crying kids.
"Don't hurt us," I hear a young voice say.
"Go to time out," yells a man at the young kid.
We hear footsteps running. My friends and I leave that room to check out other rooms.
"I have a bad feeling, " Nora says.
"If it gets worse we will leave," Amelia says.
None of us has experienced this much activity in one place. We hear strange noises coming from a room and see man that looks like he is rocking back and forth in the corner talking to himself.
"They are coming for me."
A man in a white lab coat enters and the man goes hysterical. We exit that room and as we do the man in the white coat gives us a wicked grin that is pure creepy. A gourney is moving down the hallway by itself. We hear shouting, screaming, and crying coming from different rooms. Shadows running near those rooms. We see a kids fire engine roll down the hall. Doors opening and closing by themselves. I have a bad gut feeling. Christian goes off to the bathroom by himself and I wait outside. He comes running out of the bathroom.
"I had some dude watching me and saw creepy looking things in the mirror. Heard knocking on each stall. It was creepy dude," Christian tells me.
"We said we would stay all night. "
"I doubt we last that long."
"Get out of here as fast as you can, " we all hear a little girl say. "The doctors won't like you here. They aren't nice."
She runs off. We hear yelling and screaming along of the sounds of people who are in pain and agony. I wish I knew how to help them.
"It's like they are trapped in hell," I say.
"Hell would be better, " a young woman in a nightgown says.
She dissipates before our eyes. There is to much activity going on. Amelia got out the sage and started smudging the place. We help her. At first calm and then things go crazy. Doors open and slam shut. Yelling and screaming. Things trying to push us and we don't let it. This goes on for hours. We see a lot of bad things. These people were treated poorly in this asylum. They were treated like lab rats and many were abused beyond fixing. Now I saw what the woman meant by hell would be better. We kept smudging the place inside and then went outside and done the same. The storm had let up before we went out. We see bad things outside. Screaming and yelling along with gunshots. We cleansed that whole area. It sent all the bad spirits away and the broken spirits of the asylum thank us as they depart this earth. My friends and I go inside to get our things to pack back into the car because we decide we would rather go to my house since my parents are out of town to have a party. When we get to my house we decorate. We all carve pumpkins while listening to music.
"I didn't know it was going to be that bad guys," I tell them.
"It was an asylum in the early 20s and 30s. We should have known better, " Nora says.
"I am glad we gave them peace, " Amelia says.
"Me too, " I say.
We eat pizza and junk food while having a movie night. This is a Halloween we won't ever forget. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention

Cursed House