Story I wrote

 Tonight I am all dressed up in a renaissance dress to go to a renaissance ball this Halloween with some friends in the middle of a field in the middle of nowhere to celebrate my 18th birthday. My boyfriend picks me up at six and we go out to eat with our friends. Before we leave the house he gives me a gift to open and it is a heart shaped locket with our picture in it. I thank him for the gift and give him a kiss. He just stares at me for the longest. I am wearing a  sapphire blue renaissance dress and my black hair is curled with it pulled half way up. As for him he is wearing a suit.
"You look beautiful," Adam tells me. "Happy Birthday."
"You don't look bad yourself," I say smiling at him.
He drives us to the steakhouse were we are meeting out friends for dinner. They are waiting for us and we order as soon as we sit down.
"What is the plan after this ball Liz?" Marie asks me.
Marie is a tall lanky blonde who is wearing a pink renaissance gown and looks like a princess. She is always something else. Her date for this evening is Seth and he is tall muscular blonde and tan. He is just as shallow as she is at times.
"You know she doesn't thin that far ahead," Adam tell them.
"That's the truth," Isobel says.
Isobel is wearing a green renaissance dress and her dark brown hair is pulled back into a bun. Isobels boyfriend Troy is a tall lanky guy with an olive complexion who is wearing a suit as well.
"Is this team up on me night?" I ask.
They all laugh. While eating they wish me Happy Birthday. Once we are done eating we go to the renaissance ball down the road and it is in the middle of nowhere. I had gotten an email about this renaissance ball and told my friends we should all go. When we get to the field we hear music and see people dancing. We all join in the crowd. At first I didn't notice anything off. Then I start noticing small things. People screaming and blood dripping from them as they were being dragged off. Adam is oblivious. My friends are oblivious also. It is like they are in a trance. I wonder why I am not in the same trance. A man interrupts my dance with Adam.
"You were invited. They were not. Plus you are one of us," the man says with a smile.
"What do you mean? I am just a human."
"Your mother must have not told you. You're a Witch and come from a powerful line of Witches."
"Why are you all murdering humans?"
"None of them are dead. It looks that way. If any did it is for sacrifice for Magic."
"Is your mother still alive?"
"No. She passed when I was young."
"That explains you being in the dark."
I look at him puzzled.
"Let me go back to my boyfriend. "
"Tonight is the last night you can spend with him. Witches and humans can not be together. You are eighteen now and must come with us."
He sees me huffing off and grabs my arm to turn me to face him. He is a tall blonde man with the deepest blue eyes and fair complexion. A dark haired man who is medium height and build walks over to us.
"Alex I told you that you are not to scare her. Sorry about my friend. He is being truthful and sometimes doesn't handle it well. We understand this comes to a shock. Everyone you know and love you have to leave behind. We don't belong here."
"Now whose being dramatic, " Alex says.
"When it comes to dating and marrying you just have to choose a male Witch. My name is Draven. It is nice to meet you. Don't know why your mother brought you here "
" I can't be a Witch."
"Ever have weird things happen that you can't exactly explain."
"I guess. More so on Halloween considering it is my birthday. Who would know about me?"
"Is your father still alive?"
"No. He died recently. He was acting off. We always moved around a lot. "
Adam and her had only been together a year. Her father had died six months ago in some weird fire.
"You are not safe here. It is time to go," Draven says.
" They must have been hunting your family and set this party up."
"How can I trust either of you?"
"I knew your parents. They were like another family to me. I was told if anything went wrong keep you safe at all costs," Draven says. " You and I played together with Alex and others as kids."
" I don't remember either of you."
A dark man comes and has a fireball in his hand directing to throw it at me. Alex pushes me to the ground shielding me.
"We have to wipe the human minds of all who are here of who she is," Draven says.
"You do that, I am taking her to safety. "
"Oh alright. "
" I can't let you do that," I tell them.
"It is for their safety, "Alex says.
He takes my hand and jumps us through what I guess is a portal. People start trying to chase us. I had noticed a lot of the women who looked to be bleeding look a little like me. Alex makes sure no one is following us as we walk through the woods to wherever here is at.
"How do you all remember me and I don't remember you all?"
" You will remember us eventually. Your parents must have spelled you to keep you safe. They had lots of friends and enemies. Many want the power you have. Our parents were close. Mine always told me there would come a day that I would need to protect you."
" What will happen to my boyfriend and my friends?"
" They won't remember you. They will be okay and safe. Draven will make sure they get home safe also."
Alex takes me to a cabin in the woods here and I sit in the couch. Alex explains how there has always been a war and my parents took me to earth to keep me safe from powers of those who were corrupt. He also tells me how I am the Queen and this World belongs to me. That is a lot for me to take in. When Draven appears he let's us know that everyone is safe.
"Sorry, I didn't think they would show up at the ball and try to hurt you. It is my fault you are in danger," Draven says sadly hanging his head low.
They explain how I need to go to my castle and claim my throne so that evil powers won't take over.
" I am scared," I tell them.
" We are by your side,"Alex says taking my hand in his.
They teleport me to the castle in this world which is large and massive. Alex doesn't leave my side. We are in the chambers where people are gathered and I tell them I take my rightful place as Queen. Some try to argue it and Draven silences them.
They throw a Birthday Ball in my honor and I am dressed in a white gown with silver around the sleeves and hem of the dress and a crown is placed on my head. Everyone rejoices and celebrates. Those who try to hurt me through the night are thrown into the dungeon and are sentenced to be executed. Alex and Draven are the main ones who dance with me. I feel sad because I wish that I didn't have to part ways with Adam and him forget me. It broke my heart that I wouldn't see him or my friends ever again. This Halloween is turning out to be something else. I eat birthday cake with everyone before calling it a night. Alex shows me to my room. Draven stays guard outside my room as Alex sits beside me as I sleep. This is a birthday and Halloween I won't ever forget. Over time Alex and Draven teach me everything I need to know along with tutors. I keep a busy schedule. Alex and I become very close. He is of a royal family as well. That is something him and Draven both hid at first. On my 20th birthday Alex and I are wed. I wear a white gown with silver stars and he wears a white suit with a silver tie. It is during the summer solstice when we marry. Together we are strong. There were evil forces who tried to tear us apart and it didn't ever work. Alex and I love each other and it is our love that keeps the dark away. He told me when he found me that after my parents took me away that he knew that one day I would be back and how he waited for me because even as a child he knew in his heart that I was the one for him.

By-Me 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention

Cursed House