New Poem

You say you're a friend
Do you ask how I am
Do you know my story
Do you know the real me
Do you see what I want you to see
How well do you really know me
Do you pick up the phone and call
Have you ever been a shoulder to cry on
Have you seen me at my lowest
Do you care
Have you seen me battle my demons
Have to seen me lose my mind
Have we stayed up late talking about nothing
and everything under the sun
Do I pick up nearly every time you call
Do I answer your text
Do I show up when you need me
More than likely I do
Do you
I know who my real friends are
They are the ones who have seen me
fall to the bottom
They are the ones who don't sugar coat
They are the ones at the end of the day will
always be my friend
They are the ones who show me love when no one
else loved me and I didn't love me
They showed me how to love me
They are there when it counts
I've had so many say they are my friend
and they run off or they hide
I've had so many call themselves my friend
I think they thought I was the sheep
Some have used me
Some have lied to me
Some have manipulated me
I have bent over backwards and helped many
Some didn't deserve it
Some have ran me over
I am not the sheep
I am not blind
I am not deaf
I see what you do
I am not fragile
I have been broken
That is okay
It has make me who I am today
I am stronger than you think
I have good friends who have helped show
me the way
My friends who are real friends
I call them my pack
They are like wolves
They are my angels
My true and loyal friends
I love my friends with my heart
Some friends you have to set free
Some of those were friends for a
short season to teach me a lesson
by-ME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention

Cursed House