poem

You say you listen
Truly you aren't
Giving answers
Telling me what to do
I didn't call for advice
You keep telling me what to do
in my life
Quit pushing
This is my life
Get in your own lane
I just wanted to vent
You took it out of context
Just because I vent doesn't mean comment
You only know part of the story
Yes I've had people walk on me and treat me poorly
I am still friends with some because I've forgiven them
There are things they were there for me for when no one else was there
I've also hit rock bottom before and had to do it alone
Don't need your voice in my head
Got my own voice telling me how I should live
Don't need the judgement
True friends don't tell people what to do
They don't go around correcting you
If I wanted auto check I would get online to check
I'm not perfect and that is okay
Maybe you strive to be that way
That isn't me
I am me
Trying to spread peace and love
Not out to be like everyone else
I threw that box a long time ago
Not looking for peoples acceptance
Done the bend over backwards and it don't work out for the best
I am going to keep being me
If you don't like me find the door and walk out
Not going to deal with negativity
Either you are my friend or not
Not going to lose sleep either which way
Not wasting my time trying to be someone I'm not


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention

Cursed House