Poem I just wrote

You can own all the material possessions in the world
Do they make you happy
Does money make you happy
Do things make you happy
What makes you happy
For me it is the small things
My kids laughing
My kids making me drawings
Sunrises
Sunsets
All the seasons
Rain
Storms
Smell of flowers
Birds chirping
Dipping my toes in the sand
Swimming in the lake
Sound of crickets on a summer day
Full moons
Stars shining
Time with family
Time with friends
Laughing with kids
Being silly with kids
Laughing with family
Laughing with friends
Chasing lightening bugs
Playing in the mud
Long baths
Hugs
Kisses
Love letters
Seeing loved ones smile
Hearing I love you
Things that make the world go round
Possessions don't last
Life fades
Memories stay
Hold on to today
Hold your loved ones close
Share memories with everyone you touch
Share stories
That's how we will be remembered
We won't be remembered by what we have but how we
touch the hearts of those we encounter and those we love
(Just wrote this tonight.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention

Cursed House