Featured Author J.D. Cunegan

Check out J.D. Cunegan and why he likes to write. Check out his books and what inspired him to become an author.

Name or pen name: J.D. Cunegan

Location: Virginia, USA

How long have you been writing? In one form or another, for almost 20 years -- dating back to when I was in high school.

How many books have you wrote? I just published my first novel, Bounty, last week.

What genre of books do you write? Bounty is a murder mystery with superhero and sci-fi elements mixed in.

Who or what inspires you to write? I've long had the desire to create new worlds and characters, ever since I first picked up an issue of X-Men when I was 11 years old. I created my first original character at age 14, and it's been on ever since. The medium has changed over the years, but the desire to create is still there.

What books do you like? I like books that make me care about the characters involved. For the most part, genre doesn't mean much to me in terms of what I'll read or what I won't, but if a book can't make me care one way or another about the characters, it won't hold my interest.

Where is your favorite place to read? Either in my bedroom or while I'm traveling.

What was the first book you published? Bounty, which just released last week.

What is the last book you published? Bounty, which just released last week.

Who is your favorite author and why? I don't hold myself to one author or two, but over the years, I've enjoyed the works of Kathy Reichs, Dan Brown, Michael Crichton, Kevin Smith, Joss Whedon, Patty Blount, Scott Whitmore, and Richard Castle.

How often do you write? I try to write something every day. Even if I don't make a lot of progress, a little is better than none.

What book are you currently working on? I'm currently working on the follow-up to Bounty, titled Blood Ties, and I just started on a supernatural epic called Notna that I hope to have published by mid-2016.

I'm a 2006 graduate of Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Va. I currently live in Hampton, Va., where I work as a media relations professional. After college, I worked for several years as a newspaper writer, covering are high school and college sports. In addition to writing, I'm an avid reader, comic book collector, Baltimore Orioles fan, and avid racing fan. NASCAR is probably my biggest non-writing passion.

Bounty is currently available in paperback and Kindle on Amazon. Paperbacks are also available at CreateSpace and Barnes & Noble.

I'm on Goodreads and iAuthor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention

Cursed House