3 poems from my poetry book Mirror of Life

Just because others say you can't do it
Don't stop doing it
It's your dream
Don't let them crash it
They have a dream that they wouldn't want shattered
There will always be those who try to stomp into the ground
You give them power when you do that
Don't give them power
It's your dream
Who cares what they think
You're the one who has to live with you at the end of the day
Does it really matter what they think    




























So what if they laugh
All great people are made fun of and laughed at
Look at where they are now because people said they couldn't do it
Look at what they did because people said they wouldn't cut it
They made a splash in this world
They are the ones who are looked at in awe
They are the ones people want to be now
They're the ones who got up and shook it off
When the world was against them, they still kept going
That's why dreams can become reality
Dreamers can make it happen
Only when you stop dreaming everything falls apart
Don't stop dreaming
Don't let people stand in your way
Move them out of the way if they’re in your way
Don't be the one to stand in the way your own dreams
























I said what they said I couldn't do
I did it for me and not for them
I'm going places in my life
There used be times where I wasn't sure
I picked myself up
Dusted myself off
Now I'm standing on my feet
Doing it for me and my little boys
No one else, but us
Used to think I couldn't do it
There were days I wanted to give up
I dusted myself off
Picked myself up
Had a little help along the way
These people are my angels in disguise
It's my family and friends
They're my angels in disguise



(Available for .99 cents on kindle.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention

Cursed House