Otherworld Dimensions Within by me First page from First Chapter

Otherworld Dimensions
Within  








Amy Stark                     



The places and people in this book are fiction. They are of my imagination.
Copyright © 2017 by Amy Stark





Acknowledgement
Thanks to my boys, family, and friends who are constantly encouraging me to do better. Thank you for telling me I can do it.











                       
                                                  
                                                                Chapter1                                                                                 
 It's a dark stormy night and lightening make the lights flicker on and off. Thunder sounding like explosions in the background. The wind is howling . You would think the windows were going to break. It's raining so hard you can hear it pelting on the tin roof. The energy in the house is growing. Electricity goes out. I'm sitting in my bedroom in the dark. I get my cell phone out and walk downstairs to find a lighter. I find it in a middle drawer and walk back upstairs. I light candles. I see something out of the corner of my eye. When I look up nothing is there. I light the candles and something keeps blowing them out. I hear some whispering my name and still see nothing. I light a cigarette to calm my nerves. A music box goes off by itself and plays eerie  music. That's when I know I'm not alone.
I see a mist in the corner of the room and hear a faint voice saying, " don't be afraid." My body has chills. I'm ice cold and frozen in place. I take another drag off cigarette. Is it my imagination? It can't be. Am I going crazy. I hear someone call my name again. I look up and see a woman. She's  in a white gown that doesn't even look like she's from this time era. I hear her clear as day say, "help me. Only you can." I'm so confused. I want to help her but how is the question. I look at her with a puzzled look as I put my cigarette out. " How?" All she said is, " you're special," with a smile on her face. The woman looks to be in her early twenties with brown hair pulled back, dark eyes, and pale complexion. I still couldn't fathom what I was seeing or hearing.
The storm kept getting worse. The energy outside looks green and purple. Nothing like I'd ever seen before. Out of no where I hear a malevolent laugh that put chills through me. I hear an evil voice say, " don't help her." I knew then I had to protect her however I could.
"Don't listen to him," he'll hurt you. She disappears. He disappears behind her. I had a feeling it isn’t the last I'd see or hear from them. I fall asleep and wake up the next morning writing it off as a bad dream. Was it a dream though? It has to be. I lay in bed a little while mulling it over. I walk downstairs and make breakfast. I think of who to tell and can't think of anyone. They'd think I'd lost my damn mind. I do my usual every day routine shit of cleaning and go to work. I work at a used book store. Today is a slow day so I read. I also look to see if there are books on super natural that might make some sense of this. My best friend Joe comes by and I'm dozing when he walks in the store. "You know it's not safe to fall asleep in this neighborhood, " he says teasingly as he walks up to the counter. " I know," I say through a yawn .
"You look like hell," he says with a grin. If he wasn't my best friend of since forever I would have decked him. I flip him off instead. He laughs.
" Weird night."
" What you finally got laid?" he says with a laugh. I glare at him.
 “Oh so it's lack of getting any. I understand." I ignore him.
I debate on whether to tell him or not. Joe doesn't judge me. I'm not sure what he'd say on this. "Ameiel are you gonna leave me hanging?" he asks popping me back to reality. "Maybe," I say with a smirk.
" Spill it already, he say impatiently with arms over my chest. Joe stands at about 5'10 , dark hair, average build, with greenest eyes.
" I had weird shit happen at the house last night," I reply. He looks at me and says nothing.
"Do tell."
 " I saw a woman and heard voices. My music box went off by itself. Maybe I dreamt it up."
" Maybe you did see and hear something. Want me to sleep over tonight to see if anything weird happens?" he asks with  an evil grin. Even though he's my best friend, he isn't bad to look at for most part. We haven't ever tried dating. I guess I think it will screw up friendship. I don't know if he looks at me as more than  a friend. I push the thought from my mind.
"Okay. We're putting body pillows between us." He acts butt hurt and pouts.
" What you think I'm gonna hump you in my sleep?"
" I wouldn't put it past you," I say with a giggle.
His mouth drops open and acts offended.
 " I see how it is and what you think of me,” he says with a laugh. "What's for dinner?" he asks.
"Haven't thought that far."
No customers come in for the next hour while, he's there so I shut the shop down. We pick up a pizza and junk food to snack on for the night. We sit in my living room and veg out while watching movies. We talk about random shit.
Around midnight weird shit starts happening. My radio upstairs gets loud and turns off by the time we get upstairs.

My windows open by themselves. My name is being called by that same woman followed with her saying, "help me."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of all books currently published

Stop giving the negative people attention

Cursed House